Sunday, September 7, 2014

Creating Keepsakes Convention

Its been a few weeks since my last post and I thank you for your patience.  I just returned from the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention today and wanted to take the time to share a little bit about the experience.  First, if you have never gone I would recommend taking the time to experience this convention at least once.  Preregistration while not absolutely necessary is something I would recommend.  That way your sure to get the classes you want at the time that is most convenient for you.  That said I can tell you that the instructors were very gracious to allow additional people into classes that were already listed as full provided their was enough physical space to accommodate the additions. 


One of the things I enjoyed most about the experience was the ability to see new products prior to their release dates.  These included new bling from Queen and Company, new washi tape designs for the coming holiday season from several manufacturers, and an adorable new baby line by Simple Stories.  The vendor floor while at times congested showcased new stamps from Stamps of Life, and new designs from The Paper Loft among others.  Stampin' Up! provided the preregistration goodies this year which included a cute Paper Pumpkin kit we could use to create eight thank you cards.  In addition to informative classes and new product debuts Creating Keepsakes hosted two packed celebration crops with dozens upon dozens of giveaways.  I can honestly say that I myself won four or five times throughout the weekend.  Who doesn't love freebies.  In closing I recommend staying at the hotel connected to the convention center even at a higher rate because loading and unloading cropping bags/totes throughout the day is both tedious and exhausting. 


P.S. You can click on each of the underlined hyperlinks embedded in the post to get more information from those manufacturers listed and the Creating Keepsakes team too.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment I would love to here from you!